Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Submission

I don't like to judge people by their beliefs. I try to be a very open-minded person when encountering new people, new situations, and new cultures. But one culture I don't think I will ever understand is the Islamic fundamental types.

We all know that Islam is a peaceful religion, but like any other religion, there are asses out there who will take what it teaches and use it to create a culture of fear and hatred. People say that this film is an attack on the Islamic faith. I don't think that is the case here. I do find that the culture of these fundamentalists does require this kind of attention.

The director of this film, Theo van Gogh, was killed on November 2 by a muslim extremist. The video itself is quite moving, I thought. Check it out.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com www.digits.com