Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Rallies, protests, and bears.. oh my!

I don't know if it's just that people are just whiny bitches when it comes to not being allowed into a Republican rally, or if it's only happening to those people, or if it's just the media that is hyping those instances. The way I see it, it's their party and they can invite who they want to... I guess.

Then again, if I'm an undecided voter, I'd like to go to these rallies to see if someone can change my mind. Bringing only Republicans or only Democrats into your party rally is really just preaching to the choir isn't it? They're going to vote for you anyway, so why are you still trying to convince them to?

I do understand that keeping protests down isn't good for the ol' image and they might want to keep that to a minimum, but let people in!

John Kerry is coming to Sioux City tomorrow, and I want to go to the rally. Not because I'm going to protest (like the rest of the GOP of Sioux City is). I want to go hear what the man has to say, take a few pictures, and come home. It's called having an open mind. Dick Cheney is coming to Sioux City on Thursday and I want to go to that event, too. My vote is up for grabs folks. I don't do the party-line voting crap.

I vote for who I believe can do the best job, not on what party you belong to.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com www.digits.com